Support for Visual Studio 2013 (missing .Net data providers)

Support for Visual Studio 2013 (missing .Net data providers)

24 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Mike EvansMike Evans shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • GaryGary commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Does this mean the service pack for 11 is dead? Do you realize there are users who have waited almost 2 years for this? Will a provider for VS 2015 also take years to be released?

In an earlier response:

" As for the VS2013 support you mention, I've been in contact with the Engineering manager and those features are both on their active to-do list and planned for a future 11.1 SP to be targeted over the next few months."

I imagine after 9 months this is done by now. Couldn't a service pack be released to make it feel like the product is customer driven?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When is there any support for Visual Studio (missing .Net data providers) planned.
        Or does there exist a workaround to register the advantage data provider with Visual Studio?

Thanks for any comments

• hnchnc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need the dataprovider for Visual Studio 2013 and entity framework 6 too.
        Without a working datarovider or EF6 support it is for me impossible to recreate our existing software with visualstudio and wpf, then I stand before the decision only use MSSQL

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is an important issue that is attracting no comment from Sybase. We're about to embark on a large project with VS2013 and ADS, but can't without the data providers. Can someone please supply an ETA?

Feedback and Knowledge Base